Saturday, November 13, 2010


In 2003, Kiss My Act compilation was launched.

Adam managed to get the launch organized at Hard Rock Cafe. Peering across the road towards Ming Arcade brought me back memories of learning percussion at the Guitar Workshop there. Time does fly, it has been more than 1o years since.

Guitar Hero Jeremy & me

It felt like I was playing in a cathedral, with the stained glass behind us but with blinding and intense coloured-lights in our faces.

I distinctly remember I screwed up at the opening of Like Chopin. Aaron was screaming behind me: "Cannot! Cannot! Again !" And I did it again, much to the laughter of the crowd.

We had Atan as our project guitarist for this one and I am sure Kate of Kale was playing this show too.

Atan on the far right

Aaron on the old site:

"With a new set of songs which had different guitar layers, we find ourselves inadequate with just one guitar, so we stole Kate of Kale guitar player, Mohd Riduan aka Atan to booster our guitars."



Doesn't Aaron in cap look more like a DJ here than a drummer?
The hi-hat and cymbals look like some high-tech floating turntables.


Quite unexpectedly and without collusion, both guitarists turned up in orange and both me and Aaron in the same shade of blue.

2004.

It seemed like a blackout to me ever since the gig at Hard Rock. I don't remember very much of what went on in the year in between that and...

No comments:

Post a Comment